Saturday, December 25, 2004

Liquidation Sale

Both Provo Furniture and Granite Furniture for the past who-knows-how-many years have been advertising for their Closing/Liquidation/Final Days Sale. Apparently, they thought that people would be gullible enough to actually think the store has been going out of business for the last 10 years. Well, I'd always considered this as a low tactic and wondered how they could continue to do this in our informed age. Yesterday, however, all my theories fell apart when I saw that Provo Furniture really was out of business. No, I don't mean they had another sign up. There really wasn't a single piece of furniture in there and the building was for sale. I guess they'd been telling the truth for the past 10 years. I only wish I'd gotten in there for the real liquidation sale.

1 comment:

be said...

Well you'd better hurry over to Granite Furniture before you blow it there, too. They could go out of business any year now.