Monday, July 11, 2005

Late Night Visions of Perfection

Last night, I woke up at about 5:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep at all. I think I was having a dream about dating because my mind was harrowed up by what felt like an eternal torment on that very subject. I laid in my bed, in a feverish haze, (after I had gotten out of bed briefly to relieve myself) thinking of the futility of my efforts and also how petty all the games and stupid things about dating are. I began to feel that I could rise above all the silliness and pettiness. I began to get grand ideas about how I would change and become a new man. At around 5:40 a.m., probably due to the excess strain on my mind, I returned to my slumber. Upon awaking, I could not remember any of my "grand ideas" from the previous night. Not a thing. Now I know why Moroni had to come four times. I guess I'll just have to keep living my unenlightened lifestyle for a little bit longer.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow Ronnie--if waking up at 5:00 am is all it takes for you to want to change your dating habits and become a "new man", then I personally volunteer to call you religiously at 5:00 am EVERY morning (and I'm not a morning person so that's saying something). I'm sure a lot of girls would thank me for it in the long run.

Ronnie said...

Yeah, but if you don't keep me awake, then I'll just go back to sleep and forget it every morning. I suggest we have moonlit walks every 5:00 a.m.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...overcoming the silliness and dating games? I think it can be done, so hopefully you remember, that or you'll luck out and have the epiphany again. Just don't give up and sell out ok?

Bale said...

You are learning quickly young aprentice. The ways of the relationsith are strong in you. As you develop more fully your powers you will realize that the "games" are nothing more than a ploy to keep you from happiness. but be carefull you must. Great the temptation to play the games is.

Anonymous said...

Dating is overrated. All you need to win a woman's eternal adoration is email.