Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Posthumous popularity

Vincent van Gogh, Emily Dickenson, Ronnie Steelman.

You may wonder what in the world I have in common with any of those other two people. Do I act mildly to moderately psychotic while engaging in artistic endeavors? No...well at least I hope not. Actually, the main characteristic that those three names have in common is that they all became posthumously popular...and in my case, by posthumous, I mean postleavingprovo-ous.
I have never considered myself a popular guy. At law school, on the popularity scale from 1-10, I'd seriously give myself a -3. I'm sure people make fun of me behind my back. Anyway, I had some good friends in Provo, but all of a sudden, I leave and my gmail inbox is constantly full all the time. Not that I'm complaining. Since I have no friends, I consider reading and writing emails as my main social activity. Sometimes I'll spend a couple hours a day just with email. I don't think it's a waste of time because I'm just doing it during the times when anyone else would be actually talking to a roommate or visiting a friend. Well, my point is...actually I don't know what my point is. I guess I'm just happy to have such great friends to email and now to G-talk to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! That's a relief! I thought for sure that you were going to say that Vincent and Miss D had problems with their sexuality.

Jason said...

Ronnie, on the popularity scale of 1-10 I would give you a rating of "Fast Eddie"

Aaron said...

I have never emailed you ronnie.

Anonymous said...

You never know a good thing when you have it until it's gone.

*sniff*