Monday, August 21, 2006

My Pride

I've always hated being wrong. Sometimes, when someone tells me that I'm wrong about something, I will argue that I'm right even though in my heart of hearts I know that I'm wrong. I just can't stand admitting my errors to other people. Well, I might have learned my lesson last week.

There is a TV commercial for cars.com in which a car changes colors everytime a gardener gets close to it because someone is inside clicking through car choices on cars.com. Anyway, I first saw this commercial and thought the actor playing the gardener was the actor, Harland Williams, from the movie, Rocketman. My roommate, however, thought that it was an actor named Kevin West, who had been in the movie, Bio-Dome. Our argument became so intense that we decided to put something on the line. By this time, I knew I was absolutely wrong but I couldn't admit it to myself or to my roommates. We put a half pound of Albertson's Chicken Strips on the line, but later that night, we upped the ante to include that the loser would have to climb the 20 foot rope swing in our backyard while stark naked. Needless to say, I emailed cars.com who informed me that I was wrong. So this week I will be climbing a rope naked as a jaybird. I'll publish the pictures in my next blog post.

5 comments:

be said...

I think you need to carry the chicken strips up the rope with you.

Kim said...

Personally I don't want to see those pictures!!! Thank you

Lauren said...

J. Ronald Steelman--
I can't believe you will climb a rope naked, but you won't kiss girls.

Come on, man!

Anonymous said...

Does Kathy know about this?

Anonymous said...

i love kathy