Sunday, January 29, 2006

Belly Button Lint

This is just one of those great mysteries of life. I've never really had a belly button lint problem. I've only had it a few times in my life. However, I once had a roommate, who shall go unnamed, who had to pick a big nugget of lint out of his belly button about twice a day. But where does it come from? The prevailing theory is that it comes from rubbing fuzz off the inside of your shirt. But if that's the case, why doesn't everyone get it? There are all kinds of other variables that must come into play like the amount your stomach sticks out, chest hair, fabric of the shirt, etc., but it still makes no sense. Can anyone answer this vexing question? My own belief is that there is a lint monster who, tooth fairy-esque, goes around and puts lint in the belly buttons of bad boys and girls.

5 comments:

Russ said...

Girls get belly button lint? I thought it was just a guy thing. Gross.

Maggie said...

My mother in law has these brand new towels that are REALLY soft and fuzzy. Anyway, after drying yourself off with one of those towels all the fuzz is stuck to your body and eventually migrates into your belly button. My point is that it's not necessarily the shirt it could be the towels a person uses.

Stefani said...

I don't think my belly button type allows for collection of belly button lint.

Stefani said...

I do not have an outie!! But it's a special kind of innie that does not allow for the collection of lint.

Ronnie said...

A flatie?