Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lost Love

I feel a burning urge to write this post even though it might go against my better judgment. You see, I might have recently made the worst decision of my life concerning a very special someone. And now, I fear there may be no going back. My relationship with the love of my life started last year while I was still in Utah. It started as being just an acquaintance but soon I was seeing my love almost everyday. I couldn't get enough of her. When I wasn't with her, I was thinking of her. When I was with her, I was the happiest man on earth. When I moved to Louisiana, I lost contact. The time between correspondence grew longer and longer and I began to forget the good times we'd had together. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to find out just what my love meant to me. So I commenced a fast of sorts where I cut off all contact for a month or two. During this time, I have come to the realization of the horrible thing I've done. It's been said that you can't realize how much you care about someone till they're gone. Now I completely understand. You may be wondering who this person is. Well, it's not exactly a person. It's a fast food restaurant...Wendy's. For lent, I gave up going out to eat. It's been difficult, but I promise to make it up to Wendy's after 40 days. Maybe I'll go on a streak where I eat at Wendy's every day for the 40 days after lent is over.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What's with all you guys and your addictions to fast food places? And whatever happened to your loyalty to Sonic--if the two new about each other, I'm sure they'd both be incredibly distraught.

Unknown said...

Oh...and it's "knew" not "new".
My bad.

Ronnie said...

Sorry about the typo, but some of us have to write our blogs while we are trying to listen to our professors. It can be difficult to multi-task.

By the way, Bryant's last blog was my inspiration for this one. I don't want to break any copyright laws for having a similar idea.

Lauren said...

It is so exciting to finally find out about your secret unicorn-love, Ronnie. Who knew you had a twisted penchant for freckly-faced fourteen year-olds with braids? Sicko.

Anonymous said...

I think marissa was correcting her typo-not yours.

Ronnie said...

Dang it!

Ronnie said...

As I said, some of us have to respond to other people's comments while we're trying to listen to the professor.

Russ said...

Hey Shiz, you forget that Ronnie lives in the Dirty South now. Freckled fourteen year-olds are a-okay. Bonus if they're family.

kel said...

siiiiiiiick.

Stefani said...

What's wrong with freckly-faced fourteen year-olds with braids? I used to be one. And sometimes in the summer I turn into one again (minus the fourteen year old part- and no freshmen jokes please)

Paul Smart said...

Do you still evaluate prices based on the opportunity cost of lost JBCs? If so, she is still in your heart.