Friday, March 24, 2006

Word Verification

The current bane of my existence would have to be the word verification test that some people have set up in order to post on their blogs. Several months ago, there erupted a rash of "post spam" which made it necessary enable the word verification requirement. However, that threat has long since subsided. The thing I hate most about the word verification thing is that my WVCIP (Word Verification Correct Input Percentage) hovers somewhere around 45%. I seriously get it wrong somehow more than I get it right. Partly this is because the letters are sometimes blended together so tightly that you can't tell one from the other. Sometimes I carefully enter the code only to be denied. I believe that this is because Blogger likes to "keep it real." Well, my plea today would be that everyone go into their options and turn off word verification. I've tried to hold this post in long enough but I can't do it anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem. Maybe you need reading glasses. By the way, thanks for not making me go through a word verifcation requirement to post this comment.

Paul Smart said...

One time I had this for a verification phrase: FR8GAY6

It makes me wonder if it would be possible to get swear words as a verification message. And if so, what a moral conundrum that would be!

Ronnie said...

If I can get just one person to switch away from word verification, then this post has been worth it.