Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Russ Appreciation Week

I would just like to announce to the world that this is Russ Appreciation Week. Russ has earned this dubious honor by interviewing for a job on the cutting edge of the educational world and blowing the minds of his interviewers so much that they offered him the job the very next day even though there were still other people that they were supposed to be interviewing. They even asked him to help design the curriculum for the class. I can think of no one in the entire universe who is more worthy of having their own week (or maybe two weeks) than our very own Russ Andrews. (Soon to me Mr. Andrews.) If you see him, shake his hand and tell him how much you wish you were like him.

7 comments:

be said...

I've said this before (though only in private among fellow admirers), but I really think Russ is about the smartest guy that I've ever known. Plus he's only fractionally as despicable as myself, in case that's incentive for anyone else to wish that you were like him.

Stefani said...

I wish I had Russ for a teacher. My only hope is that his students have as much appreciation for him as he deserves. If not, I'm sure parading in all of his friends will help him gain their respect. Rust, if you ever need me as a character witness, I'm here for ya.

Kim said...

Rusty never ceases to amaze me. Honestly he is an awesome person in whatever he does, so the people were right to hire him on the spot. Even though he doesn´t write me like he should, I still consider Rusty to be one of my favorite people ever and a fantabulous friend.

Anonymous said...

This post has ignited a flame.
I now have a secret crush on Russ.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have had a teacher as hot as Russ as my history teacher. I definitely would have paid closer attention...not to the history though...

Russ said...

I don't know what to say (other than "keep it coming," of course). But really, this week doesn't belong to me... it belongs to Darby O'Gill and the Little People (if this is a veiled reference to me being one of the little people, heads will roll). Oh, and anonymous, we should really get together, as long as you're not a man.

*star said...

Hooray for Mr. Andrews! You gotta appreciate a kid who can't be programmed, categorized, or easily referenced. When I grow up, I want to be like Russ.